Thursday, April 1, 2010

New Stuff

It's been an interesting week for the studio thus far.

I bought a 2TB drive for the computer. I partitioned it to have several different versions and copies of my running system so I can easily run programs on separate partitions that create conflicts for one another. This will open up the other drives for storage purposes. Audio files really need their own drives. I ordered 8GB more memory, as well, and I'll be picking that up.



Ooooo! Shiny!

I purchased this very cool toy. I'm waiting for it to arrive. It's a new mic. It simulates AM sound. Yes, I know, you can get this by manipulating the EQ, compress like mad, and adding some effects. But this thing is cool. It'll be a while before it gets here, but once it does, I'll let you know how it sounds.


I also got the program, "Things". So far, I haven't done anything with "Things" that I don't already do with "iCal". I absolutely love "iCal". But my relationship with "Things" is new and we are just starting to get to know one another. I am reserving judgement.



No comments:

Post a Comment